Friday, August 19, 2011

Upcoming Disney Movies...283

Recently I found out that Disney is shelving production of the movie The Lone Ranger.  The movie was to star Johnny Depp as Tonto and was to be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.  Disney is wanting to cut the budget down from $250 million dollars to $220 million.  Really, $250 million for a western?  That seems a little steep.  Oh, wait there were supposed to be werewolves in it.  I don't remember werewolves in the original series but as one blogger put it, that would explain the silver bullets.

from Ain't It Cool News



I was a big fan of the old black and white series of the Lone Ranger.  I remember rocking out to the theme song and it still gets me fired up!  So I was very disappointed one, to hear that it was being cancelled and two, that I never knew it was being made.  Apparently this movie has been in discussion since 2006 or 2008, and yet somehow it escaped my radar.  Now, I don't know if I can trust my radar anymore.  This is a sad day indeed.

So today I decided to turn the radar on and find out what other Disney movies are "Coming Soon."  Here is the list I found...

John Carter.............................................................3/09/12
Brave......................................................................6/22/12
Swiss Family Robinson (remake)...............................2012
Lone Ranger.............................................................2012
Oz: The Great and Powerful.....................................3/08/13
Monsters University.......................................Summer 2013
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea:Captain Nemo.............2013
Tink..........................................................................2013
National Treasure 3....................................................2014

This information came from Disney Movies Guide but I have seen several of these titles listed at other places.  So, what do you think?  Are you excited about any of those films?  I can't wait for Brave and Monsters University.  Let me know your thoughts and thanks for reading!

No comments: