Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Animal Kingdom and a Little Strategy...251

Animal Kingdom is not my favorite park but my 8 year old son loves it.  On this next trip to WDW I am planning on going to the AK for two days.  I have been told that when the Imagineers designed the park their goal was to have people tour it at a much slower pace than the other parks.  They didn't want guests running from attraction to attraction but wanted them to spend time enjoying the surroundings, atmosphere and the hidden treasures.  So I am going to try and humor them on this trip and in the process make my son a very happy boy.


One of the great things about Animal Kingdom is that it closes early.  That may sound like a strange thing to celebrate but hear me out.   If you are planning an early breakfast at one of the parks you can schedule the Animal Kingdom the day before because you know you can get to bed early.  It can also free up and evening so you can head to Downtown Disney, the BoardWalk or tour some of the other hotels on property.  Sometimes it's just nice to have an evening away from the parks to relax.  If you have young kids, trust me, a night off can save a vacation.

No comments: