Monday, September 26, 2011

Breakfast Lasagna from Crystal Palace...245

I miss Breakfast Lasagna or as I like to call it, Manna from Heaven.  I'm not a huge fan of traditional breakfasts.  I don't like biscuits and gravey.  I like sweets.  I want donuts, chocolate gravy, "puffed" french toast (also from the Crystal Palace) and stuff with lots of syrup.  Then there is the mother of all breakfast dishes...Breakfast Lasagna.

In the summer of 2006 I was a Disney novice.  It was our first trip as a family and I didn't know much about the World.  After talking with the good people at Disney I decided we would try one character meal. My choice was the Crystal Palace for breakfast.  It was also my wife's birthday.  Perfect...


The characters, Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore were all great and the food was amazing.




But the standout dish was Breakfast Lasagna.  It didn't look pretty but I feel in love after the first bite.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/04/02/disney-breakfast-dishes/
Breakfast Lasagna consists of pancakes, waffles, pound cake, custard, bananas, strawberries, blueberries and pastry cream.  Put it all together and bake it until it becomes one, life changing dish.  Here is the receipe at AllEars.net.  I discovered during my visit in April that sadly the Crystal Palace no longer serves Breakfast Lasagna.  I could have almost cried.  I still recommend the Crystal Palace for breakfast but no longer consider it a MUST.  I'm thinking about starting a petition to get it back.  Let me know what you think.  Did you ever have the Breakfast Lasagna?  Leave a comment below.   Thanks for reading.

**I would also like to thank AJ over at the DisneyFoodBlog for the use of their photo.  Check them out for great information about all the amazing food at Walt Disney World.  They are a great resource.  Enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds disugstingly amazing... I'll definitely try it if we find end up at Crystal Palace one day!

IzzyTru said...

I'm sure that breakfast lasagne was better than anything they have out at night. It was great to have my son there for the character greetings for his birthday, but the food at night was the worst I had at any of the parks. Just a fair warning.