Thursday, July 7, 2011

325...The Five Best Attractions at Epcot

A cast member once told me that Epcot stands for "Every Person Comes Out Tired".  Funny and so true.*  Epcot is my second favorite park and I believe the walk around World Showcase is best stroll in all the World.  In this blog post I am going to do the same thing I did with the Magic Kingdom and list my five favorite attractions at Epcot.

5)  The Napoleon! - OK, you may say it's not an attraction, to which I would say you have not tasted the Napoleon.  You will find it in the France pavilion's Boulangerie Patisserie.  I got mine right before Illuminations and I'm not sure which I enjoyed more but put them together and it was an incredible evening at Epcot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eyes0nme19/4713372586/in/faves-37744939@N02/

4)  The Seas w/ Nemo and Friends Pavilion - My kids could spend all day in this pavilion.  From Turtle Talk with Crush to the Nemo Ride this pavilion offers up some great fun for the whole family.  I have a lot of friends that say Epcot is not for kids.  I then point them to The Seas w/ Nemo.  Even as cool as the rides and attractions are here I think my kids enjoy the giant aquarium the most.



 3)  World Showcase - Like I have already said it is one of the greatest areas to walk around in all of Walt Disney World.  It never seems as crowded as the other parks and it is just beautiful.

A look at the American pavilion.
2)  Illuminations - A great way to end the day.  The fireworks are not as good as Wishes but the music is amazing.  It is the perfect show to close a day at Epcot.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/entertainment/illuminations-reflections-of-earth/

1)  Soarin' - Located in the Land Pavilion.  It is a great ride.  This ride is a simulator like no other.  The ride vehicle is in a class all by itself.  The screen is huge.  I guarantee that you will feel as though you are  in a glider over the great state of California.  Try to sit in the first row to avoid seeing people's feet.

My mom and son after riding Soarin'
 So what do you think?  Agree or disagree, let me know and thanks for reading.



*EPCOT actually stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jules here - I have to say Soarin' is the ride I am most looking forward to on the entire trip. I'll let you know after September my thoughts!!!! :)

Brunk said...

Soarin' is great! I love Epcot. September will be a great time to go. Enjoy

josh said...

Soarin is not only the best at Epcot but the best in WDW IMO. Simply breathtaking and peaceful all at the same time.