Saturday, June 25, 2011

338...Things I'm Planning on Eating at the World

We are now only 338 days away from our Disney trip.  I'm not calling this a bucket list but there are a lot of things, mostly food, that we have not experienced yet.  Here is my list so far...

Specific Food
Dole Whip and/or  a Citrus Swirl in the Magic Kingdom
Tonga Toast and Coffee at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian

http://www.disney-food.com/kona-cafe/tonga-toast.html


Butterfinger Cupcake at Starring Rolls

http://www.onlywdworld.com/2010/04/great-disney-dining-plan-snacks-at.html
Cheese Soup and Pretzel Bread at Le Cellier
Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream




Restaurants we want to try  We will not get to them all but the one's that are on my mind...
Coral Reef at Epcot
Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge
Ohana at the Polynesian
Trail's End at Fort Wilderness
Teppan Edo at Epcot (We have eaten here before and loved it)
Plaza Restaurant on Main St.
Beaches and Cream for burgers

Character meals
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall w/ the Princesses at Epcot
Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary  (We always plan on going there, but haven't made it yet.  Maybe this trip.)

So that is just a quick list of the things I plan on eating at the World.  If you have any suggestions please  feel free to add them.  Now let's get FAT!

4 comments:

josh said...

I've done the character dinner at Akershus and Chef Mickey's and Chef Mickey's was better food. My nieces enjoyed the characters more at Chef Mickey's even though they love the princesses at Akershus. Don't miss the Dole Whips in Adventureland, they are fantastic!

Brunk said...

Josh did you do breakfast, lunch or dinner at Akershus? We are thinking about breakfast and we are doing it because of my two daughters. I am hoping we get to Chef Mickey's this year. My wife is pretty pumped about the Dole Whips.

Anonymous said...

Jules here -

Okay - here is where I have SO far booked dining for us in September (keep in mind we did the dining plan with 1 snack/1 fast food/1 sit down per day). What's your 2 cents...

Cinderella's Royal Table - Magic Kingdom, dinner
Sci-Fi Theater - Hollywood Studios, dinner
Raglan's Irish Pub - Downtown Disney, lunch
Captain Jacks - Downtown Disney, dinner
Les Chef De France - Epcot, dinner

I am kinda torn between Sci-Fi Theater and Brown Derby but it seems like the Sci-Fi Theater is a little more "fun" for the girls since you eat at a table in the shape as a car...not something you do everyday.

Also, as you can see they are mostly for dinner time. Should we change to have some more lunch times? I am not a BIG breakfast fan so I don't really care to miss that and we figure we'll eat a granola bar in the room prior to heading into the park and then eat our snack mid-morning that comes with our plan to tie us over until "lunch". Speaking of lunch - what's your MUST go to's for "fast food" lunch food at the parks? Are the turkey legs as good as I read about?
Raglan Road - Downt

Brunk said...

OK, I am adding School Bread from Norway's Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe to my list...looks amazing!